We have always heard that is Location, Location, Location for selling real estate. However, it really is Location, Price and Condition that sells residential real estate. My arguments are as follows:
Location is very important in determining a price as well as time to sell real estate. There is only so much land available to build upon especially beach and lake front property (for example).
Condition is also an important factor in selling residential real estate. Most buyers want to move into a home that is move in ready and fixing items is the last thing they want to do. The following items can be done to help your home sell faster and for more money:
- Staging a home to sell can not only help a home sell fast. It can also get a sales price at or near the listing price.
- Just cleaning the home prior to showing it to a potential buyer shows a pride of ownership.
- Since preowned homes are competing with new homes in my market, it is to the property owner’s advantage to make the home neutral with all of the personal items removed. This lets the buyer envision their furniture and personal items there.
Lastly, Price is another important factor. If a house sits on the market too long due to an unrealistic asking price, people (buyers) might think there is some thing wrong with the property. The following items affect the sales price:
- As long as you reduce the listing price after of a couple of weeks of exposure on the market, the market will determine the sales price.
- Since most of the transactions involve financing, it is important to show the contract price is supported by the market comparables.
Thinking of buying or selling real estate? You should consider using a realtor. If you are interested inbuying real estate (new home, existing home, or commercial property), please contact me (Alan Lane with Keller Williams Realty at 2119 W Brandon Blvd, Brandon, Florida 33511). As a life long resident of Central Florida, I can help you find the right property for you whether it is in Lakeland or as far south as Sarasota. The Keller Williams offices of ”Suburban Tampa” include the offices in Brandon, Plant City, Fishhawk Ranch, and our newest office in Valrico. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, or call me at 813.205.9280. If you are just starting your search, you can search the MLS for real estate opportunities on my website at this link.