It has been my experience that most people want a move in ready home. Here are some relatively cheap items that could be completed prior to listing your home for sale:
- Paint is easily the best thing to do. If you do it yourself, it’s also very cheap.
- Curb appeal is also important and gives you potential sense that the property is well taken care of (i.e. replacing sod, trimming trees and bushes, cleaning up junk, adding flowers, etc.).
- Patching holes and cracks in the walls and ceilings.
- Change any dated light fixtures or ceiling fans.
- Taking down personal items like photos to allow them to envision there items in the home.
- Keeping the property clean.
- Lamiante flooring versus carpet can also give that clean look that people like to see.
- Updated homes (primarily the kitchen and bathrooms) are generally more desirable than dated homes as well as sells for more.
- Major items like a new roof and HVAC are great selling items, but are expensive.
Some people have a pre-sale inspection to determine what needs to be fixed. However, this is not necessary to sell the house. Every home has issues that could be fixed, but do not affect the listing price it fixed.
You should consider using a realtor. I could save you money especially with new home builders and it does not cost you anything. So why not? Let me save you money!!! If you are interested in buying real estate (new home, existing home, or commercial property), please contact me (Alan Lane with Signature Realty Associates at 2234 Lithia Center Lane, Valrico, Florida).
As a life long resident of Central Florida, I can help you find the right property for you whether it is in Orlando or as far south as Sarasota. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, or call me at 813.205.9280. If you are just starting your search, you can search the MLS for real estate opportunities on my website at this link.